25th Feb 1979
Interest as a drive. - Might be possible by automatically associating pleasure with input or thought which is new - not recognized. The intention is to stimulate the search for new things.
5th Apr 1979
Try - if executing do not record steps taken in execution, only record cue initiating the execution.
25th Dec 1979
Some thoughts from loose sheets
- DO should just do I/O, let J/P [Idea of input /idea of output] go on reflexively.
- Output processor if at concentration level 0 for more than 2 input frames then reflexively output something?
- Output sinks - motor and memory auto come from memory
- Input attentions - sensor and memory auto go to memory
- Possibly every recording consists of an input-output pair.
- Start executing when get associated whatever which is associated positively i.e. ASIN [associated input] has INRP [input reward punishment] = 'Y' start executing.
- Somehow idea of a goal -> what to do to get it.
Starters Concentration Level Attentions - Interrupts
Outputting Reward 3 good happenings bad happenings
Thinking Idea of reward 2 good ideas | bad ideas |
^ | | |
Idling association 1 any association V V
- Working at one level - can be interrupted by same level initiators.
- automatic execution - halts on some pre-set condition.
The environment being used at present [ in my simulation] is a static one. Only new input occurs if an output has occurred to change the environment. A more realistic environment is a dynamic one. Without any output being done the input changes - my reflexive motor on duplicate inputs will no longer function in a dynamic environment which switches between two inputs.
Information goes from short term memory [to long term memory] if it is:
1/ Punished or rewarded or has emotional associations,
2/ If it is new information.